Knowledge & Networking on the Gold Coast
AFSA was pleased to welcome members and friends back for the 2021 Independents Conference & Expo. Virtual attendees were also able to tune in to the conference session via the AFSA LIVE(stream) sponsored by REPAY.
- A variety of boards, committees and working groups met in-person for the first time in over a year to discuss key issues and help shape the future of the consumer credit industry.
- Attendees enjoyed receptions and dinners with their friends and colleagues.
- Bill Himpler, Tom Hudgins & R.E. Everette spoke about current issues facing the industry (ABS).
- Charlie Gasparino addressed his view on the current economic and political environment (PayNearMe).
- Danielle Fagre Arlowe & Celia Winslow with AFSA discussed the current state of play in Washington and around the nation (Wells Fargo Preferred Capital).
- RSM discussed it’s annual financial performance survey, including current trends for growth, leverage and profitability (RSM).
- George Shand with FICO shared his expertise on what to expect from the new consumer (StateNational).
- Steve Rochlin, CEO with Impact ROI spoke about the importance of ESG in our economy and Carissa Robb with Constant.ai and Frank Veneziano with Roberston, Anshutz, et. al., addressed recent debt collection rules (Experian).
- Experts addressed Coping with Rapid Changes (Bradley) and Building the New Normal (Experian) as we emerge from the Pandmic.
- L. Jean Noonan discussed the recent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Consumer Finance Taskforce Report (DOt818).
- Anthony Robles inspired attendees with his story about being an NCAA wrestling champion and ESPN Jimmy V Award winner (GoldPoint).
Did you miss out on the conference this time around? Stay tuned to the AFSA blog and AFSA events page for more information on the association’s upcoming conferences.
May 27th, 2021 by Dan Bucherer