AFSA actively engages in the federal regulatory process and stays on top of federal regulatory compliance requirements and the evolving regulatory environment to help our members meet their compliance goals, including:
- Providing regular alerts and updates on important regulatory compliance issues affecting the industry.
- Facilitating sharing of information between members, via the Operations and Regulatory Compliance Committee, to learn about how member companies are keeping current with compliance requirements.
- Providing resources, including compliance training (i.e. AFSA University), and templates and sample documents on the components of a robust compliance management system.
- Organizing educational events including webinars and seminars.
For more information, contact Philip Bohi, Vice President, Compliance Education.
Federal Regulatory Agency Guidance & Documents
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- CFPB Complaint Bulletin (July 2021)
- CFPB Summer 2021 Supervisory Highlights (June 2021)
- CFPB Consumer Response Annual Report (March 2021)
- CFPB Winter 2021 Supervisory Highlights (January 2021)
- CFPB Summer 2020 Supervisory Highlights (September 2020)
- CFPB Statement on Supervisory and Enforcement Practices Regarding the FCRA and Regulation V in Light of the CARES Act (April 2020)
- CFPB Winter 2020 Supervisory Highlights (February 2020)
- CFPB Fall 2019 Supervisory Highlights (December 2019)
- CFPB Summer 2019 Supervisory Highlights (September 2019)
- CFPB Winter 2019 Supervisory Highlights (March 2019)
- CFPB Summer 2018 Supervisory Highlights (September 2018)
- CFPB Policy to Encourage Trial Disclosure Programs (September 2018)
- Global Financial Innovation Network (GFIN) Announcement – The CFPB announced its collaboration with 11 financial regulators and related organizations from around the globe. The GFIN seeks to provide a more efficient way for innovative firms to interact with regulators. (August 2018)
- CFPB Examination & Supervision Manual – CFPB’s guide as to how it will supervise and examine consumer finance service providers under its jurisdiction.
- Other CFPB Guidance Documents – Bulletins, Memorandums of Understanding, etc.
- CFPB Consumer Complaint Database – The bureau’s database listing complaints they receive from consumers about financial products and services.
- CFPB Partial Exemptions from the Requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act under the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act (Regulation C)
- CFPB Policy to Encourage Trial Disclosure Programs
- CFPB Reports – The Bureau’s page containing studies, consumer snapshots, issue briefs and more.
The Federal Reserve
- Federal Reserve Consumer Compliance Supervision Bulletin – high-level summaries of issues for senior executives in banking organizations and serves to complement other aspects of the Federal Reserve’s robust outreach program for its supervised institutions. (December 2019)
- The Federal Reserve System’s Webinar – Complaints as a Supervisory and Risk Management Tool (August 2018)
- Federal Reserve Consumer Compliance Supervision Bulletin – high-level summaries of issues for senior executives in banking organizations and serves to complement other aspects of the Federal Reserve’s robust outreach program for its supervised institutions. (July 2018)
- Federal Reserve Consumer Compliance Handbook
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- FDIC Compliance Examination Handbook
- FDIC Third Party Risk Guidance
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Third Party Relationships Guidance
Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC)
- FFIEC Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operations IT Examination Handbook (June 2021)
- FFIEC Business Continuity Management IT Examination Handbook (November 2019)
- FFIEC Information Security IT Examination Handbook (September 2016)
- FFIEC Retail Payment Systems IT Examination Handbook (April 2016)
- FFIEC Management IT Examination Handbook (November 2015)
- FFIEC Supervision of Technology Service Providers IT Examination Handbook (October 2012)
- FFIEC Audit IT Examination Handbook (April 2012)
- FFIEC Wholesale Payment Systems IT Examination Handbook (July 2004)
- FFIEC Outsourcing Technology Services IT Examination Handbook (June 2004)
- FFIEC Development and Acquisition IT Examination Handbook (April 2004)
- FFIEC E-Banking IT Examination Handbook (August 2003)
Business Partner Perspectives
The resources below are provided by AFSA Business Partners. They are intended to be educative in nature.