For over 100 years, AFSA has been the primary trade association for the consumer credit industry – protecting access to credit and consumer choice. No other trade group in America has more depth and influence on consumer finance issues. AFSA serves over 430 member companies from every segment of the consumer credit marketplace, as well as industry suppliers. Our longevity is a result of our commitment to providing our members with unmatched and unparalleled benefits. The total value of membership is far greater than the total cost. Explore the benefits listed below to learn more.
- Directly access AFSA leadership to discuss key legislative and regulatory issues at both the federal and state level, business operations, compliance, peer and vendor connections, association priorities, and more.
ENGAGE & CONNECT
- Network, discuss challenges and opportunities, and expand your industry footprint through participation on committees and networking groups, attending in-person conferences and accessing the member directory.
LEAD & AFFECT
- AFSA maintains high-level relationships with Congress, regulatory agencies, industry trade groups, and state legislature and regulatory groups. We work closely with our members to develop comment letters, amicus briefs, white papers, and testimony.
- In conjunction with thought leadership from our members, AFSA utilizes these relationships to drive legislation and regulation at both the federal and state levels to ensure our members are able to operate at their full potential.
- Members are critical to AFSA strategy and play an important role in setting priorities and plans of action on dealing with legislators and regulators.
- Our members’ voice is amplified through fly-ins, regulator meetings, and the AFSAPAC.
- Gain significant advantage over your competitors by expanding you and your staffs’ knowledge on key business functions that are critical to success.
- AFSA members have access to compliance and operations training through AFSA University, leadership development and money management skills from the AFSA Education Foundation, in-person conferences, webinars, and podcasts.
- Download member-only resources and educational materials on compliance and vendor management.
- Receive timely and relevant industry communications that examine not only what happened yesterday and what’s happening today, but also what’s around the corner that you need to understand and prepare for.
- AFSA members can utilize AFSA*Track, an online resource that enables tailored monitoring of legislative and regulatory issues specific to your company for all 50 states and the federal government.
- Receive special member pricing on AFSA programs and services. In addition, members of committees receive additional discounted rates for conference registrations.
- Receive discounts on business products and services your company uses everyday (i.e. office supplies, shipping, wireless services, and more) through the AFSA Perks Marketplace affinity program.