The AFSA Vehicle Finance Division supports member companies involved in indirect financing and leasing of new and used vehicles. AFSA provides its vehicle finance members with a forum for analysis and response to regulatory and legislative issues through awareness, education and the exchange of ideas relevant to provide access to credit. The division includes over 100 companies including, captive vehicle finance companies, auto finance subsidiaries of banks, independent auto finance companies and dealer finance companies – retail and wholesale.
Compliance Management and Training
- Subscribe to AFSA University – an online compliance training program on federal laws and regulations, as well as, operational impacts for members.
- Participate on the Operations and Regulatory Compliance Committee (ORCC) to optimize the effectiveness of your compliance program. Areas of focus include credit reporting, cyber security, change management, and digital transformation.
- Register for complimentary members-only compliance webinars.
- Access compliance management resources and white papers.
Working For You: Your Voice in Washington and the Media
- AFSA is the prominent voice for the vehicle finance industry.
- Access AFSA’s plan of action in dealing with the CFPB and receive continuous updates.
- Contribute to and learn about our Federal Legislative Priorities for vehicle finance members
- Join the AFSA Law Committee and Vehicle Finance Subcommittee – these groups deal with every aspect of the legal environment impacting consumer finance companies.
- Proactive outreach and response to news media covering industry issues.
Working For You: State Government Affairs
- Join the State Government Affairs (SGA) Committee and State Vehicle Finance Subcommittee
- Access AFSA*Track at KSE FOCUS®, a complimentary web-based state legislative and regulatory monitoring system with specific tracking of vehicle finance issues.
- Create your own customized email alerts from AFSA*Track.
- Access SGA talking points, issue briefs, white papers, and 50-state surveys.
- Review the State Legislative Priorities for Vehicle Finance Companies
Network and Expand
- Join Committees of Professional Interest specific to vehicle finance:
- National Title Solutions Forum
- Vehicle Commercial Credit Committee
- Vehicle Credit Risk Management Committee
- Share with and learn from other vehicle finance executives at AFSA events.
- Attend the annual Vehicle Finance Conference, February 12-14, 2020 in Las Vegas. Members receive $1,000 discount on the registration fee.
Be in the Know
- Get a daily news update on key issues and events affecting consumer finance and a weekly round-up of AFSA initiatives.
- Receive a weekly legislative report on vehicle finance legislative activity.
- Receive a monthly state enacted laws report and monthly briefing report on vehicle finance state legislation.
- Listen to podcasts that deep dive into issues with subject matter experts.
- Engage in our active social media outlets.