Registration Open for AFSAEF Leadership Program
Registration is now open for the American Financial Services Association Education Foundation Leadership Development Program held at the University of North Carolina from July 15-22, 2017.
The AFSA/UNC leadership 6-day intensive program provides an opportunity to invest in the development of your organization's future leaders. With challenging case studies and lively discussions, role-playing, and team building exercises, your employees will hone their leadership, strategic thinking and performance skills and “think outside the box.” This fast-paced program allows participants to immerse themselves in innovative principles of management and leadership through class discussions, case analyses, ethics, professional presentations, negotiations, experience change simulation, and the outdoor team building exercise. Always a highlight of this program is the power of networking with new acquaintances – the future leaders of our industry.
Program highlights include:
- Learning the responsibilities of leadership, articulating and communicating your company's vision passion and urgency;
- Creating a plan for strategic change and receiving immediate feedback on employee buy-in in the context of a challenging computer simulation;
- Developing an ethical “rule of thumb” for making business decisions quickly and effectively;
- Mastering critical negotiation skills including principled, interest based and win-win negotiation;
- Building confidence in the ability to make dynamic and persuasive presentations;
- Analyzing strategic decision-making in the context of two cases in the financial service industry;
- Experiencing first-hand the dynamics of building trust, collaborating and creating an effective team.
March 1st, 2017 by Dan Bucherer